县书记, not to be confused with the Clerk of 高等法院, is the official custodian of records for all actions taken by the Board of Commissioners. Responsibilities include preparing and publishing agendas, preparing minutes and the informational notebooks for the board meetings, distributing the board actions to the constitutional officers and department heads, and maintenance of the records.
县书记 is also the official custodian of County contracts, 租赁, resolutions and ordinances and accepts all Open Records Requests dealing with the Board of Commissioners.
Major duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare, then distribute the agendas and attend all Commission Board meetings.
- Prepare informational notebooks for the Commissioners, County Administrator, and County Attorney and media packets for the press. Also, make copies of the agendas to be distributed to the public at the meetings.
- Obtain signatures on all official documents and distribute to the appropriate personnel.
- Record minutes of the Board meetings, prepare minutes and distribute draft to the Commissioners, County Administrator and County Attorney.
- Provide the approved minutes to Department Heads, Constitutional Officers, and anyone else who requests them.
- Provide requested information regarding records of the Board of Commissioners as part of public records.
- Ensure that all County ordinances are codified in a timely manner as required by State law. Assure compliance with current Open Meetings/Open Records Act.
- Ascertain training schedules for County Commissioners, scheduling for same and maintain files to confirm that Commissioners have completed State required training courses/hours.
- Other duties as assigned
县s must be designated as Certified 县s by the Association of County Commissioners of Georgia and the Carl Vinson Institute of 政府.